Linux Mint: How to unblock wifi from hardblock and softblock

Today, my 15 month old son pressed bunch of keypad buttons very quickly before I stopping him to do his experimentation on the Linux terminal. By the way, he likes Linux terminal :-) ......

Long story short, I restarted the computer in the late evening and found my computer wifi is not working. Everything is OK but I could not turn on the wifi.

Then I ran the following command in the terminal:

sudo rfkill list

On the terminal, I have got the following response, after executing the above command:

0: phy0: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: no

Hard blocked: yes

Hard blocked means, the wifi is turned-off by the physical switch. In my Dell machine, it is the F2 key. So I turned-on. Now, I have ran the command again:

sudo rfkill list

On the terminal, I have got the following response, after executing the above command:

0: phy0: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: yes
Hard blocked: no
5: hci0: Bluetooth
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: no

To turn off the soft block, I ran the following command and my wifi alive again:

sudo rfkill unblock all

To verify, I ran the sudo rfkill list command again and I got the following response on the terminal:

0: phy0: Wireless LAN
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: no
5: hci0: Bluetooth
Soft blocked: no
Hard blocked: no


So my wifi is not blocked now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a process already using the admin port 4848 -- it probably is another instance of a GlassFish server; ERROR

How to Convert OutputStream to InputStream

PostgreSQL: setup User and Role in Linux (Mint)