Programmer's PC Specifications

When I was studying at university, I had a dream that I would built a PC by myself. I was waiting for the opportunity to build a PC. Many years later, I have got the opportunity to build my own PC. It was very pleasing event. Someone wants to argue in this day nobody build PC unless it is a gaming rig. Actually, I do not want to argue about it. I just want to say, build by own hand give me inner peace.

Today, I would like to share few thought about programmer's PC. As a programmer, I have few preference.

Before building a PC you need money, without money you cannot buy parts. As a Java web application developer, I use Spring framework, JEE libraries, database system, Jetty, Nginx and Eclipse IDE every day. I am not building gaming rig. If you go to the Youtube, you will see most of the people demonstrating about gaming rigs. After watching almost all the "PC building guide for beginners", I have got feeling that everybody use PC for gaming, at present. Hello, I am a programmer, I will use PC for programming. Unfortunately, in the Youtube or Google you will not get any good information about programmer's PC. People may say about Mac book pro. Who will buy Mac book pro unless you are Mac fanboy/fangirl or office provides it. I noticed some people say so high specification about programming PC looks like they are running number crunching algorithm.

What is the ideal PC specification for the programmer?

After doing few weeks of research, I made up my mind about specification of Programmer's PC.

At first, I have looked at my work. What kind of tools do I use everyday for programming. Programmer tools consume huge amount of memory. Therefore, I need good amount of RAM. I do not need high frequency RAM but large amount of RAM. I need a decent CPU which will stay with me for next 5 years. I need good but (Youtube's IT pros call it cheap but I call it decent) decent motherboard which will give me enough room for future upgrade. I need dual monitor to increase my productivity. I do not need to spend 200 dollars video card. I need around 50 dollar video card which will run two monitors in decent resolutions. I do not need huge power supply. I just need good quality power supply. People who are running multiple CPUs (like 4 to 8 CPUs) with multiple video cards they need 1000W power supply.

I bought the following parts to build my machine. The below parts I bought based on the online market price and reviews:

  1. Ryzen 1500x
  2. ASRock PRO (AB350 Pro4) motherboard
  3. HyperX furry 2x4 GB RAMs
  4. MSI HD6450 2GB video card
  5. TPLink wireless network card
  6. Hardisk (Western Digital) 1TB
  7. EVGA Power supply (450W)
  8. Cheap but good quality PC Case

I built my PC in November, 2017. It is still super fast for my own tasks. Anyhow, it is not a gaming PC, it is programmer's PC.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a process already using the admin port 4848 -- it probably is another instance of a GlassFish server; ERROR

How to Convert OutputStream to InputStream

How to compile and install GraphicsMagick (GM) in Linux